Younger siblings of UFC veterans will meet in a heavyweight clash in April.
At UFC Fight Night 222, heavyweight winner of “The Ultimate Fighter Season 30” Mohammed Usman will meet the debuting Junior Tafa on April 22, according to an announcement by the promotion.
The event takes place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, and is headlined by a heavyweight matchup between Sergei Pavlovich vs. Curtis Blaydes.
Mohammed (8-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC), the younger brother of former welterweight champion Kamaru Usman, took care of business in his first fight with the promotion at UFC on ESPN 40. A violent left hook put Zac Pauga down in the second round, crowning Mohammed the winner of “TUF 30.”
Junior (4-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC), the younger sibling of UFC heavyweight Justin Tafa, will fight for the promotion for the first time. Junior has been on an undefeated streak since 2020 across MMA, kickboxing, Muay Thai, and boxing bouts, racking up a total of eight straight victories.
With the addition, the UFC Fight Night 222 lineup includes:
- Sergei Pavlovich vs. Curtis Blaydes
- Matthew Semelsberger vs. Jeremiah Wells
- Norma Dumont vs. Karol Rosa
- Ricky Simon vs. Song Yadong
- William Gomis vs. Francis Marshall
- Iasmin Lucindo vs. Brogan Walker
- Jared Gordon vs. Bobby Green
- Junior Tafa vs. Mohammed Usman
- Priscila Cachoeira vs. Karine Silva
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Brady Hiestand
- Bruno Silva vs. Brad Tavares
- Christos Giagos vs. Ricky Glenn
- Montel Jackson vs. Rani Yahya