A welterweight matchup is the latest addition to the UFC’s June 27 event.
Fortis MMA’s Ramiz Brahimaj will make his octagon debut against Japan’s Takashi Sato at UFC on ESPN 12, which takes place at the Apex in Las Vegas.
A person with knowledge of the situation confirmed the booking to MMA Junkie after an initial report from Shu Hirata. The person asked to remain anonymous since the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
Winner of two of his last three, Brahimaj (8-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) was scheduled to face Miguel Baeza on Dana White’s Contender Series 19 last June, but withdrew due to injury. He last competed in March 2019, when he submitted Carlos Martinez in under a minute at LFA 62.
After stopping Ben Saunders in his UFC debut, Sato (15-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) was submitted by Belal Muhammad last September at UFC 242. He was scheduled to return in February against Maki Pitolo, but Pitolo was forced out and the fight was subsequently scrapped.
With the addition, the UFC’s June 27 lineup now includes:
- Dustin Poirier vs. Dan Hooker
- Aspen Ladd vs. Sara McMann
- Viviane Araujo vs. Jennifer Maia
- Maurice Greene vs. Gian Villante
- Tanner Boser vs. Philipe Lins
- Mickey Gall vs. Mike Perry
- Brendan Allen vs. Ian Heinisch
- Luis Pena vs. Khama Worthy
- Kyle Nelson vs. Sean Woodson
- Ramiz Brahimaj vs. Takashi Sato