Welcome to “Spinning Back Clique,” MMA Junkie’s weekly show that takes a quick spin through the biggest topics in mixed martial arts. This week, Simon Head hosts the panel of MMA Junkie Radio’s “Gorgeous” George and “Goze,” as well as MMA Junkie’s lead staff reporter John Morgan. Let’s get after it!
- Rafael dos Anjos defeated Paul Felder in the UFC Fight Night 182 main event by split decision. With the 155-pound division looking absolutely stacked right now, should we be considering RDA as a top contender as we head into 2021?
- In the Bellator 252 main event, Patricio Freire knocked out Pedro Carvalho to retain his featherweight title and move into the semifinals, which got everyone thinking: How would he do, and who, if anyone at 145, do you think would beat him if all matchups were possible regardless of promotion?
- UFC 255’s title fights offer very different matchups, with Deiveson Figueiredo looking to register his first title defense, while Valentina Shevchenko attempts to make it title defense No. 4 on Saturday night. Which title fight offers the most intrigue, and how do you see them both panning out? Will we see either title change hands this weekend?
- Bellator 253 takes place Thursday night and is headlined by A.J. McKee and Darrion Caldwell as they look to punch their ticket to the $1 million featherweight grand prix final, and a shot at the 145-pound title. Which man will progress? Will it be the seasoned former bantamweight champ or the undefeated super-prospect?
- Speaking to MMA Junkie’s Mike Bohn, Leon Edwards said the UFC has made a major error booking their rising star Khamzat Chimaev to face him so early in his career. Will he be proven right or wrong?
For answers to all of those questions, watch Episode 53 of “Spinning Back Clique” above.