A women’s bantamweight fight is the latest addition to April’s UFC 249 lineup.
Sijara Eubanks and Sarah Moras are set to meet at the event. MMA Junkie confirmed matchup with a person with knowledge of the situation. The person asked to remain anonymous as the UFC has yet to make an official announcement. Newsday.com was the first to report the news.
UFC 249 takes place April 18 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims expected for ESPN and early prelims on ESPN+/UFC Fight Pass.
Eubanks (4-4 MMA, 2-2 UFC) looks to turn things around after a winless year in 2019. The Springfield, Mass. native dropped back-to-back fights against Aspen Ladd and Bethe Correia, bringing her official record to .500.
As for Canada’s Moras (6-5 MMA, 3-4 UFC), “Cheesecake” snapped a two-fight losing skid in her most recent bout in September. The 31-year-old defeated Liana Jouja by third-round TKO at UFC 242.
With the addition, the UFC 249 lineup now includes:
- Champ Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson – for lightweight title
- Jessica Andrade vs. Rose Namajunas
- Uriah Hall vs. Ronaldo Souza
- Ben Rothwell vs. Gian Villante
- Ottman Azaitar vs. Khama Worthy
- Calvin Kattar vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Ciryl Gane
- Sijara Eubanks vs. Sarah Moras