Brazilian welterweight Alex Oliveira is in need of a new opponent for Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 186 event.
Randy Brown (12-4 MMA, 6-4 UFC) has been forced to withdraw from a planned matchup with “Cowboy” at the event, MMA Junkie has learned from a person with knowledge of the withdrawal, though the reason for the move wasn’t disclosed. The person, who requested anonymity because the UFC has yet to make an official announcement, said the promotion is currently seeking a new opponent for Oliveira (22-9-1 MMA, 11-7 UFC).
A six-year veteran of the UFC, Oliveira fought most recently in October, suffering a submission loss to Shavkat Rakhmonov at UFC 254 in Abu Dhabi. That result snapped a two-fight winning streak for the 32-year-old veteran, who had previously downed Peter Sobotta and Max Griffin.
UFC Fight Night 186 takes place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The full card streams live on ESPN+. With the withdrawal, the lineup now includes:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Ciryl Gane
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Nikita Krylov
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera
- Angela Hill vs. Ashley Yoder
- Alex Caceres vs. Kevin Croom
Preliminary ESPN+, 5 p.m. ET Edit Delete
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Thiago Moises
- Alex Oliveira vs. opponent TBA
- Alexis Davis vs. Sabina Mazo
- William Knight vs. Alonzo Menifield
- Raoni Barcelos vs. Marcelo Rojo
- Vince Cachero vs. Ronnie Lawrence
- Maxim Grishin vs. Dustin Jacoby