Once again, the rematch between Pedro Munhoz and Jimmie Rivera has a new date.
The bout between the two bantamweight contenders has been rescheduled for a second time and is now set for Feb. 27 at UFC Fight Night 186 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
Two people with knowledge of the booking recently informed MMA Junkie of the rescheduling but asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement. MMA Fighting was the first to mention the rescheduling.
The rematch between Munhoz (18-5 MMA, 8-5 UFC) and Rivera (23-4 MMA, 7-3 UFC) was originally scheduled for Jan. 30, then it was moved to UFC 258 on Feb. 13. The most recent switch was due to a positive COVID-19 test.
In November 2015, Rivera defeated Munhoz in a back-and-forth battle at UFC Fight Night 77. Since then, Rivera has gone 5-3. He most recently snapped a two-fight losing skid with a unanimous decision win over Cody Stamann at UFC on ESPN 13 in July.
After notching three straight wins, including a knockout over former UFC bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt, Munhoz has dropped two in a row to current title challenger Aljamain Sterling and former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar.
With the addition, the UFC Fight Night 186 lineup includes:
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Ciryl Gane
- Raoni Barcelos vs. TBA
- William Knight vs. Alonzo Menifield
- Alexis Davis vs. Sabina Mazo
- Randy Brown vs. Alex Oliveira
- Alex Caceres vs. Kevin Croom
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Nikita Krylov
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Thiago Moises
- Vince Cachero vs. Ronnie Lawrence
- Macy Chiasson vs. Marion Reneau
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera
- Maxin Grishim vs. Dustin Jacoby