A lightweight bout is the latest addition to the UFC’s May 13 card.
The UFC’s May 13 event takes place at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Fla. The card is expected to air on ESPN, with the preliminary card streamed on ESPN+.
Undefeated Morales punched his ticket to the UFC through “Dana White’s Contender Series” and made good in his promotional debut, defeating Dong Hyun Ma via unanimous decision last December. He was initially set to replace Islam Makhachev to face Alexander Hernandez on April 18, before the event was canceled, and the bout was subsequently scrapped.
Instead, Morales faces Benitez, who will move up to 155 pounds. Winner of two of his last three, Benitez is coming off a first-round stoppage loss to Sodiq Yusuff last August. He was set to return in March vs. Lerone Murphy in London, but the event was canceled due to the growing concerns over the coronavirus outbreak.
The complete May 13 lineup includes:
- Anthony Smith vs. Glover Teixeira
- Ben Rothwell vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Drew Dober vs. Alexander Hernandez
- Ray Borg vs. Ricky Simon
- Karl Roberson vs. Marvin Vettori
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Philipe Lins
- Michael Johnson vs. Thiago Moises
- Sijara Eubanks vs. Sarah Moras
- Hunter Azure vs. Brian Kelleher
- Chase Sherman vs. Ike Villanueva
- Gabriel Benitez vs. Omar Morales