Mark Striegl won’t be making his UFC debut Saturday in Las Vegas.
Striegl (18-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is out of his bantamweight fight against fellow debutant Timur Valiev at UFC on ESPN 15. It is unknown if a replacement is being sought at this time.
On Thursday, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation informed MMA Junkie of Striegl being out. The people requested anonymity because the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
According to a report from Russian reporter Igor Lazorin, Valiev (16-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will now face promotional newcomer Trevin Jones.
UFC on ESPN 15 takes place Saturday at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The main card airs on ESPN following prelims on ESPN+.
Jones (12-6 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is riding a two-fight winning streak with both wins coming by submission. In 12 pro victories, Jones has finished five fights inside the distance.
Valiev, a World Series of Fighting (WSOF) and PFL standout, has not competed since December 2019. A training partner of Frankie Edgar and Marlon Moraes, Valiev has won six straight fights.
The UFC on ESPN 15 lineup now includes:
MAIN CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 8:30 p.m. ET)
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Frankie Edgar
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Marcin Prachnio vs. Mike Rodriguez
- Mariya Agapova vs. Shana Dobson
- Daniel Rodriguez vs. Takashi Sato
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 5:30 p.m. ET)
- Mizuki Inoue vs. Amanda Lemos
- Austin Hubbard vs. Joe Solecki
- Jared Gooden vs. Dwight Grant
- Jorge Gonzalez vs. Ike Villanueva
- Carlton Minus vs. Matthew Semelsberger
- Trevin Jones vs. Timur Valiev