Daniel Torres became the new KSW featherweight champion on Saturday, when he stopped Salahdine Parnasse less than two minutes into the first round.
Torres’ (12-4) awkward right hook caught Parnasse (14-1-1) on the top of the head and put him down to spell an end to the contest, forcing a change of ownership with the 145-pound belt at the 1:49 mark of Round 1 in the KSW 58 main event.
KSW 58 took place at an undisclosed venue in Lodz, Poland and streamed via online pay-per-view.
🇧🇷🇦🇹 Daniel Torres shocks the world with this knockout over Saladhine Parnasse!!! #KSW58 pic.twitter.com/cOpPUvOOjd
— KSW (@KSW_MMA) January 30, 2021
After exchanging some blows early in the fight, Parnasse got slightly too aggressive coming in on Torres with a combination, and it cost him.
Torres looked to counter with a right hook, and as Parnasse ducked, the lower part of Torres’ bicep caught him on the side of the head and dropped Parnasse face-first to the canvas.
Parnasse, despite not being out cold, was unquestionably hurt by the glancing blow, and it was enough for the referee to jump in and stop the fight.
With that, Torres, who closed as a high as a +500 betting underdog, was deemed the new KSW featherweight champ, while Parnasse was stunned after taking his first career loss.
Complete KSW 58 results included:
- Daniel Torres def. Salahdine Parnasse via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 1:49 – to win featherweight title
- Szymon Kolecki def. Martin Zawada via unanimous decision
- Michal Michalski def. Aleksandar Rakas via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:35
- Shamil Musaev def. Uros Jurisic via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Michal Andryszak def. Guto Inocente via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 2, 4:07
- Pawel Politylo def. David Martinik via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Robert Ruchala def. Daniel Bazant via submission (armbar) – Round 3, 3:37
- Francisco Albano Barrio def. Bartlomiej Kopera via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)