Check out the latest breaking UFC NEWS
After their matchup was scratched from the UFC’s October event in Boston, featherweight contenders Magomedsharipov (17-1 MMA, 5-0 UFC) and Kattar (20-3 UFC, 4-1 MMA) will now meet at UFC on ESPN+ 21 in Moscow, which takes place Nov. 9 at CSKA Arena and streams on ESPN+.
MMA Junkie verified the change with a person close to the situation following an initial report from ESPN.com.
After he suffered the lone loss of his octagon career to Renato Moicano at UFC 223, Kattar has won back-to-back fights. The 31-year-old followed up a first-round TKO of Chris Fishgold with a knockout of Ricardo Lamas at UFC 238 in June. The fight-ending sequence from Kattar actually resulted in a broken jaw for the former UFC title challenger.
Magomedsharipov, 28, has quickly climbed the ranks of the UFC featherweight division during his five fights under the promotion’s banner. After submitted Mike Santiago and Sheymon Moraes, Magomedsharipov defeated Kyle Bochniak at UFC 223 which earned “Fight of the Night” honors.
After he defeated last-minute replacement Brandon Davis with a Suloev stretch submission at UFC 228, Magomedsharipov earned the judges’ decision against Jeremy Stephens at UFC 235 in March.
The latest UFC on ESPN+ 21 card now includes:
- Junior Dos Santos vs. Alexander Volkov
- Calvin Kattar vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Dalcha Lungiambula
- Klidson Abreu vs. Shamil Gamzatov
- Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Ed Herman
- Roman Kopylov vs. Karl Roberson
- Davey Grant vs. Grigorii Popov
- Vinc Pichel vs. Alexander Yakovlev
- Zelim Imadaev vs. Danny Roberts
News | MMA Junkie