Just In UFC on ESPN+ 21 weigh-in results: Magomedsharipov, Kattar cleared for 3-round headliner MMA Life
Check out the latest breaking UFC NEWS
The early weigh-ins took place at the UFC host hotel in Moscow. UFC on ESPN+ 21 takes place Saturday at CSKA Arena in Moscow. The card streams on ESPN+.
All 26 fighters made weight without issue, using just 50 minutes of the allotted two-hour window to hit the scales.
In the main event, Magomedsharipov (17-1 MMA, 5-0 UFC) takes on Kattar (20-3 MMA, 4-1 UFC) in a bout rescheduled from earlier this fall at UFC Boston. Because the bout was promoted to the headlining slot just a few weeks ahead of the card, the contest is scheduled for three rounds rather than the typical five.
Neither fighter had issue with the scale, each weighing in during the opening few minutes of the official timeframe at 146 pounds.
In the co-main event, Greg Hardy (5-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) steps up on short notice to take on former Bellator heavyweight champion Alexander Volkov (30-7 MMA, 4-1 UFC). Volkov was set to fight Junior Dos Santos in the main event before Dos Santos fell off the card.
Hardy was just under the non-title heavyweight limit at 265 pounds, while Volkov came in lighter at 251 pounds.
The full UFC on ESPN+ 21 weigh-in results include:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 2 p.m. ET)
- Zabit Magomedsharipov (146) vs. Calvin Kattar (146)
- Greg Hardy (265) vs. Alexander Volkov (251)
- Zelim Imadaev (171) vs. Danny Roberts (170)
- Ed Herman (206) vs. Khadis Ibragimov (206)
- Ramazan Emeev (171) vs. Anthony Rocco Martin (171)
- Klidson Abreu (206) vs. Shamil Gamzatov (206)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 11 a.m. ET)
- Magomed Ankalaev (205) vs. Dalcha Lungiambula (204)
- Rustam Khabilov (171) vs. Sergey Khandozhko (171)
- Roman Kopylov (185) vs. Karl Roberson (185)
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov (170) vs. David Zawada (170)
- Roosevelt Roberts (156) vs. Alexander Yakovlev (156)
- Jessica-Rose Clark (135) vs. Pannie Kianzad (136)
- Davey Grant (136) vs. Grigorii Popov (136)
News | MMA Junkie