Check out the latest breaking UFC NEWS
Friday’s early and official UFC on ESPN+ 11 fighter weigh-ins went off without a hitch, with all 24 athletes making weight without issue.
The early weigh-ins took place at the UFC host hotel in Stockholm. UFC on ESPN+ 11 takes place Saturday at Ericcson Globe in Stockholm. The night’s main streams on ESPN+ following prelims on ESPN2.
Among those weighing in were former light heavyweight title challengers Alexander Gustafsson (18-5 MMA, 10-5 UFC) and Anthony Smith (31-14 MMA, 7-4 UFC), who meet in the main event. Gustafsson was among an early run of fighters making weight, registering 205 pounds just eight minutes into the two-hour session.
Smith, meanwhile, was actually the last man to hit the scales, registering 206 pounds. It wasn’t a stressful effort, though, with “Lionheart” making weight in his shorts and socks, and there was still 43 minutes remaining in the weigh-in window.
Volkan Oezdemir (15-4 MMA, 3-3 UFC) did make weight at 205 pounds, as well, despite the late scratch of his contest with Ilir Latifi (14-6 MMA, 7-4 UFC), who was forced to withdraw from the card due to a back injury.
The full UFC on ESPN+ 11 weigh-in results include:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 1 p.m. ET)
- Alexander Gustafsson (205) vs. Anthony Smith (206)
- Jimi Manuwa (205) vs. Aleksandar Rakic (205)
- Makwan Amirkhani (145) vs. Chris Fishgold (145)
- Christos Giagos (155) vs. Damir Hadzovic (155)
- Sung Bin Jo (145) vs. Daniel Teymur (145)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN2, 10 a.m. ET)
- Rostem Akman (170) vs. Sergey Khandozhko (170)
- Tonya Evinger (135) vs. Lina Lansberg (135)
- Stevie Ray (155) vs. Leonardo Santos (155)
- Frank Camacho (155) vs. Nick Hein (155)
- Bea Malecki (136) vs. Eduarda Santana (135)
- Devin Clark (205) vs. Darko Stosic (205)
- Joel Alvarez (155) vs. Danilo Belluardo (155)
News | MMA Junkie