Check out the latest breaking UFC NEWS
Welcome to “Spinning Back Clique,” MMA Junkie’s weekly show that takes a spin through the biggest topics in mixed martial arts. In this week’s episode, John Morgan, Gorgeous George and Goze touch on the biggest storylines from UFC on ESPN+ 21 and around the world of MMA.
- Greg Hardy traveled all the way to Moscow on short notice for the biggest test of his early career and came away with a three-round unanimous decision loss to former Bellator heavyweight champion Alexander Volkov at UFC on ESPN+ 21. What did this performance tell us about the controversial former NFL standout? Did it tell us anything significant about his MMA outlook moving forward?
- Zabit Magomedsharipov remained undefeated in the UFC at 6-0 with a three-round unanimous decision win over Calvin Kattar in the UFC on ESPN+ 21 headliner. Afterward, Magomedsharipov called for a title shot. Was this the performance that sealed the deal? Or does Magomedsharipov need a more signature victory to stake his claim?
- At first, Nate Diaz said he wanted an immediate rematch with Jorge Masvidal. Then he was like, “peace out fight game.” Now he’s clarified he isn’t actually leaving the fight game, after all. What does all of this mean for Diaz’s future?
- UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has made it clear that Dominick Reyes is his next title defense of choice over Corey Anderson. Is that the right next move? What about heavyweight?
- Sergio Pettis is off to Bellator and has detailed the reasons why he left the UFC to jump ship. What do we make of this move and his outlook with Bellator?
For answers to all of those questions, watch Episode 2 of “Spinning Back Clique” in the video above.
News | MMA Junkie