The middleweight bout was temporarily called off after one of Heinisch’s cornermen tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of Saturday’s card. Anthony Ivy was pegged as a replacement to fight Meerschaert (31-12 MMA, 6-4 UFC).
However, further testing showed the initial test to be false – and Heinisch’s cornerman was cleared, people with the knowledge of the situation told MMA Junkie on Thursday. The fight was reinstated, as a result. Ivy is expected to remain on the UFC roster, as MMA Fighting first reported.
After winning his first two UFC bouts, the Dana White’s Contender Series alum Heinisch (13-3 MMA, 2-2 UFC) has dropped two in a row to Derek Brunson and Omari Akhmedov. He recently revealed he signed a new four-fight deal with the UFC.
Meerschaert has won two of of his most recent three bouts. A Roufusport product, Meerschaert most recently defeated Deron Winn at UFC 248 in March.
With the change, the UFC 250 lineup now includes:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Amanda Nunes vs. Felicia Spencer – for women’s featherweight title
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Cody Garbrandt
- Cory Sandhagen vs. Aljamain Sterling
- Neil Magny vs. Anthony Rocco Martin
- Sean O’Malley vs. Eddie Wineland
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Alex Caceres vs. Chase Hooper
- Anthony Ivy vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Brian Kelleher vs. Cody Stamann
- Charles Byrd vs. Maki Pitolo
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass/ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
- Jussier Formiga vs. Alex Perez
- Devin Clark vs. Alonzo Menifield
- Herbert Burns vs. Evan Dunham