MMA fight announcements are hard to follow. With so many outlets and channels available, it’s nearly impossible to organize.
But here at MMA Junkie, we’ve got you covered.
Each week, we’ll compile all the new fight bookings right here – in one spot. Worried you missed a UFC or Bellator matchup, a playoff pairing for the PFL, or a title fight scheduled for ONE or LFA?
Our fight booking wire will keep tabs on it all and will update any time we’ve got new matchups — so you’ll want to come back throughout the week to see the latest.
Here are fight announcements that have been broken or confirmed by MMA Junkie for this week, March 8-14:
Bellator 257: Veta Arteaga vs. Desiree Yanez
At Bellator 257 on April 16, Veta Arteaga (5-4 MMA, 4-4 BMMA) and Desiree Yanez (5-2 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) will try this again. The two fighters were scheduled to fight at Bellator 250 in October, but the fight was scrapped hours before the event when Arteaga tested positive for COVID-19.
– First reported by Nolan King, March 8 at 2:45 p.m. ET
UFC 262: Jamie Pickett vs. Jordan Wright
At UFC 262 on May 15, Jamie Pickett (11-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Jordan Wright (11-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC), two Dana White’s Contender Series alumni, will meet inside the cage. Wright is coming off a loss to Joaquin Buckley while Pickett enters the fight having been defeated in his UFC debut against Tafon Nchukwi in December.
– First reported by Nolan King and John Morgan, March 8 at 5:10 p.m. ET
UFC 260: Jared Gooden vs. Abubakar Nurmagomedov
Cousin of Khabib, Abubakar Nurmagomedov (15-3-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) returns to action for the first time since November 2019. He’ll take on fellow UFC sophomore Jared Gooden (17-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC) in a welterweight fight at UFC 260 on March 27.
– Fight announced by UFC officials, March 8 at 9:05 p.m. ET
Bellator 255: Chris Gonzalez vs. Roger Huerta
A seasoned MMA veteran, Roger Huerta (24-12-1 MMA, 1-5 BMMA) hasn’t competed since November 2019 when he lost a unanimous decision to Sidney Outlaw. Conversely, Team Alpha Male’s Chris Gonzalez (5-0 MMA, 4-0 BMMA) has yet to lose in his professional MMA career.
– Confirmed by Nolan King, March 8 at 8:46 p.m. ET (first reported by MMA Mania)
Cage Warriors 121: Agy Sardari vs. Donovan Desmae
Following an undisclosed injury to scheduled title challenger Mehdi Ben Lakhdar, Belgian lightweight contender Donovan Desmae (14-6) has been drafted in to take on newly crowned 155-pound champion Agy Sardari (13-2) in the new main event of Cage Warriors 121 in London on March 19.
– Fight announced by Cage Warriors officials, March 9 at 5:57 a.m. ET
PFL 2021, Week 3 full lineup
Former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum will make his PFL debut, and 2019 women’s lightweight champion Kayla Harrison will fight for the first time this year at PFL 2021, Week 3. Here’s the complete lineup for the May 6 event that features heavyweights and women’s 155-pound fighters.
MAIN CARD (ESPN2):
- Fabricio Werdum vs. Renan Ferreira
- Kayla Harrison vs. Mariana Morais
- Ali Isaev vs. Hatef Moeil
- Genah Fabian vs. Laura Sanchez
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+):
- Brandon Sayles vs. Mohammed Usman
- Denis Goltsov vs. Justin Willis
- Larissa Pacheco vs. Julija Pajic
- Bruno Cappelozza vs. Ante Delija
- Cindy Dandois vs. Kaitlin Young
- Taylor Guardado vs. Helena Kolesnyk
– Lineup announced by PFL officials, March 9 at 11 a.m. ET
Ben Rothwell vs. Philipe Lins off UFC Fight Night 187, shifts to later date
Heavyweights Ben Rothwell (38-13 MMA, 8-7 UFC) and Philipe Lins (14-5 MMA, 0-2 UFC) are no longer fighting each other Saturday at UFC Fight Night 187 because of an injury. They’re expected to be rebooked for the UFC’s event on May 8. Both men are looking to rebound from losses in their last fights.
– Confirmed by Nolan King, March 9 at 5:48 p.m. ET (first reported by Fightful)
UFC Fight Night 187: Nasrat Haqparast vs. Rafa Garcia
While Nasrat Haqparast (12-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) was in danger of losing a fight at this weekend’s UFC Fight Night 187 event in Las Vegas, promotion officials have found a replacement opponent on just four days’ notice, with Mexico’s Rafa Garcia (12-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) answering the call for his promotional debut. Haqparast was originally expected to face Don Madge, who was forced to withdraw from the card after he was unable to secure a visa for travel to the U.S.
– Confirmed by John Morgan, March 9 at 9:55 p.m. ET (first reported by Milenio.com)
Paul Craig vs. Jamahal Hill off UFC on ESPN 21
As a result of a positive COVID-19 test from Jamahal Hill (8-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC), his fight vs. Paul Craig (14-4-1 MMA, 6-4-1 UFC) has been pushed off. The promotion is looking to reschedule the bout, but it doesn’t have a new date at this time.
– Confirmed by Nolan King, March 10 at 8:52 a.m. ET following a tweet from Craig
UFC on ESPN 21: With Dricus du Plessis out, Trevin Giles gets Roman Dolidze
Dricus Du Plessis has withdrawn, for unknown reasons, from UFC on ESPN 21, which takes place on March 20. His originally scheduled opponent Trevin Giles (13-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) will now take on Roman Dolidze (8-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) in a middleweight matchup.
– Confirmed by Nolan King, March 10 at 2:18 p.m. ET
LFA 102: Main card set for March 19 in Oklahoma
LFA returns next week for its second of three events in March in Oklahoma. LFA 102 is set for March 19 at the Grand Casino Hotel & Resort in Shawnee. In the main event, Elijah Johns (7-1) takes on Bruno Souza (8-1) at featherweight. In the co-feature, Dana White’s Contender Series alum Gregory Rodrigues (7-3) takes on Al Matavao (8-3) in a middleweight tournament semifinal fight. The winner advances to the final to fight Josh Fremd with the vacant 185-pound title up for grabs later this year.
The current LFA 102 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 9 p.m. ET)
- Elijah Johns vs. Bruno Souza
- Al Matavao vs. Gregory Rodrigues – middleweight tournament semifinal
- Steve Jones vs. Nikolay Veretennikov
- A.J. Cunningham vs. Javier Garcia
- Brandon Lewis vs. Jimmy Meza
- Chris Mecate vs. Alberto Rodriguez
- Luis Iniguez vs. Haris Talundzic
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Andrew Claborn vs. Archie Colgan
– Lineup announced by LFA officials March 10 at 8 p.m. ET.
UFC on ESPN 21: Montel Jackson vs. Jesse Strader
Dana White’s Contender Series alum Montel Jackson aims to rebound against debuting Jesse Strader in a bantamweight bout March 20 at UFC on ESPN 21. Jackson (9-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Brett John’s last July, which snapped a three-fight winning streak. Strader (5-1 MMA, 0-0) comes from Combate Americas, where he’s fought four times since 2018. Strader hasn’t competed since August 2019, earning a first-round knockout for his second win in a row.
– Confirmed by Farah Hannoun, March 11 at 5:16 p.m. ET (first reported by MMA Island)