A welterweight matchup between Demian Maia and Belal Muhammad is the latest addition to UFC 263 in June.
Maia (28-10 MMA, 22-10 UFC) and Muhammad (18-3 MMA, 9-3 UFC) have agreed to the pairing, according to an initial report from ESPN and subsequent confirmation from Muhammad’s manager, Ali Abdelaziz of Dominance MMA (via Twitter):
Let’s go https://t.co/GXJ82JYOn8
— Ali Abdelaziz (@AliAbdelaziz00) April 4, 2021
UFC 263 takes place June 12 with a main card that airs on pay-per-view following prelims expected on ESPN and ESPN+. A location and venue have not been announced.
Maia, 43, returns to action for the first time since March 2020, when he suffered a first-round TKO loss to Gilbert Burns at UFC Fight Night 170 in Brazil.
Muhammad, 32, meanwhile, will step back in the octagon following a no contest in his first UFC main event with Leon Edwards at UFC Fight Night 187 in March. The fight ended in the the second round when Edwards accidentally poked Muhammad in the eye.
The latest UFC 263 lineup now includes:
- Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Brandon Moreno – for flyweight title
- Jake Collier vs. Carlos Felipe
- Luigi Vendramini vs. Fares Ziam
- Hakeem Dawodu vs. Movsar Evloev
- Sijara Eubanks vs. Karol Rosa
- Paul Craig vs. Jamahal Hill
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Lauren Murphy
- Demian Maia vs. Belal Muhammad