The rematch between Angela Hill and Tecia Torres will have to wait.
Hill (12-9 MMA, 6-9 UFC) announced on Sunday that she’s out of her scheduled strawweight fight with Torres (11-5 MMA, 7-5 UFC) on Saturday at UFC 256 after testing positive for COVID-19.
According to Hill, she took all the necessary precautions in training camp. She still tested positive, though, and won’t be fighting at UFC Apex in Las Vegas (via Instagram):
Unfortunately I tested positive for Covid-19 and won’t be fighting next week. Tried to stay as safe as possible during fightcamp but with mma training there’s virtually no social distancing. Was really looking forward to running it back, maybe we still can in the near future. #CovidFuckingUpEveryonesSeason #UFC256
It’s unknown at this time if the UFC plans on rescheduling the fight between Hill and Torres, or if Torres will receiving a new opponent on less than six days’ notice.
The latest UFC 256 lineup now includes:
- Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Brandon Moreno
- Tony Ferguson vs. Charles Oliveira
- Rafael Fiziev vs. Renato Moicano
- Kevin Holland vs. Ronaldo Souza
- Junior Dos Santos vs. Ciryl Gane
- Daniel Pineda vs. Cub Swanson
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Virna Jandiroba
- Billy Quarantillo vs. Gavin Tucker
- Tecia Torres vs. opponent TBA
- Serghei Spivac vs. Jared Vanderaa
- Dalcha Lungiambula vs. Karl Roberson
- Dwight Grant vs. Li Jingliang
- Peter Barrett vs. Chase Hooper
- Omari Akhmedov vs. opponent TBA