It didn’t take long for Amanda Ribas and Angela Hill to get a new date.
After their strawweight bout was canceled on just hours’ notice at this past weekend’s UFC event, Ribas (10-2 MMA, 4-1 UFC) and Hill (13-9 MMA, 8-9 UFC) have been paired back up for UFC Fight Night on June 5. The event is expected to take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, but broadcast plans haven’t been announced.
MMA Junkie verified the change with a person close to the situation, who requested anonymity because UFC has yet to make an official announcement, following an initial report from Marcel Dorff of MMA DNA Twitter.
Ribas’ positive COVID-19 test was the culprit behind the initial meeting being postponed, but said in a social media post following the fight scratch that she had no symptoms and believed it to be a false positive.
Hill has expressed interest to get turned around sooner and compete on May 22, but she’ll have to wait a little longer for the new date.
With the rebooking, the UFC Fight Night on June 5 lineup now includes:
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Augusto Sakai
- Muslim Salikhov vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Walt Harris vs. Marcin Tybura
- Tanner Boser vs. Ilir Latifi
- Manon Fiorot vs. Maryna Moroz
- Sean Woodson vs. Youssef Zalal
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Ariane Lipski
- Maki Pitolo vs. Dusko Todorovic
- Alessio Di Chirico vs. Roman Dolidze
- Miguel Baeza vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Antonio Arroyo vs. Tom Breese
- Mason Jones vs. Alan Patrick
- Jordan Leavitt vs. Claudio Puelles
- Makwan Amirkhani vs. Nate Landwehr
- Angela Hill vs. Amanda Ribas